COVID-19 Research Activities
Federal research facilities are devoting time and resources to the fight against COVID. Learn more below.
National Institute of Standards and Technology
- enables small and medium-sized manufacturers to produce personal protective equipment through their Manufacturing Extension Partnerships program.
- provide guidance on preventing eavesdropping and protecting privacy on virtual meetings
The Department of Energy, National Labs, NASA, and the National Science Foundation partner with industry and Academia to form the High-Performance Computing Consortium
Department of Energy's National Labs leverage next-gen technology to respond to the novel coronavirus.
- National Virtual Biotechnology Laboratory
- Argonne National Lab
- Oak Ridge National Lab
- SLAC National Accelerator Lab
- Brookhaven National Lab
- Berkeley Lab
Argonne National Lab and Academic partners identify and map protein molecules that may lead to a COVID-19 treatment.
Environmental Protection Agency
- Processes and approves disinfectants at an unprecedented rate.
- Evaluates environmental cleanup and disinfection, wastewater virus detection, and salivary antibody assay development.
National Center for Atmospheric Research provides enhanced supercomputing capabilities to the High-Performance Computing Consortium.
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and North American Electric Reliability Corporation ensure the US' electric system stays online.
National Science Foundation awards grants for rapid response research related to COVID-19.
America Makes is bringing together public resources and private industry, leveraging 3D printing technology to manufacture Personal Protective Equipment.